Thank you for your interest in employment with Summit Achievement!
Teacher/Academic Coach Vacancies:
We’re always looking for responsible and professional Guides to add to our team. To learn more about Summit Achievement and our work, click here.
Guide Position & Responsibilities
Guides are responsible for providing supervision, guidance, mentorship, and instruction to a small group of adolescents with mild to moderate social, emotional, and educational challenges. Guides will be competent and able to work for either program and should expect to rotate between both. This position is responsible for facilitating activities, group processing sessions, 4-season back-country expeditions, and working as a member of a team fulfilling the duties of a Logistician, Medic, or Team Leader. Guides serve as the liaison to the Clinical and Medical team and are responsible for participating in weekly multidisciplinary treatment team meetings to review each student’s treatment and educational progress. Guides are expected to comply with all program policies and abide by all safety rules and practices. The work schedule is one week on, one week off.
- Education – Must hold minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school. Preferred in Education, Outdoor Education, Outdoor Leadership, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development. Or equivalent life experience.
- Experience – One-year experience working with adolescents. Preferred in educational, residential, or wilderness environments. Personal or professional experience in outdoor activities such as backcountry hiking, canoeing, snowshoeing, skiing, climbing, etc.
- Abilities – Must have excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and possess a strong desire to work professionally with adolescents and young adults in a residential environment. Preferred strong group facilitation skills, written and oral communication skills, and flexibility in delivery of services.
- Physical Demands – Requires sufficient physical fitness to participate in a variety of physically demanding activities, including hiking over rugged terrain carrying a heavy backpack, camping, canoeing, running, etc.
- Other – Must be at least 21 years of age.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting daily rate of $180.78
- 8 paid time off days in the first year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Beautiful campus with excellent amenities nearby
- Continuing education compensation
- Pro-deals with many manufacturers
Please submit cover letter and resume:
69 Deer Hill Road
Stow, ME 04037
Phone: (207) 697-2020
Fax: (207) 697-2021