Thank you for your interest in employment with Summit Achievement!
Teacher/Academic Coach Vacancies:
Math Teacher / Academic Coach:
Summit is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic candidate to fill the position of “Math Teacher / Academic Coach.” This person will provide instructional support and academic advising and coaching to a high school population of co-ed students in a small blended-learning classroom setting. Summit Achievement students have a variety of learning and therapeutic needs, therefore the ideal candidate will be flexible in their approach to academic coaching and instruction and have the soft skills to manage varying student behaviors. The math teacher works as part of both an academic team and a treatment team with a knowledge of k-12 mathematics. (Most commonly taught is Algebra 1 and 2 and Geometry. Pre-Calculus/Trig. and Calculus instruction is occasionally required).
This is a full-time, year-round position with competitive pay and benefits. Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 31, 2017. Preferred start date is immediate but negotiable.
Summer Temp. Humanities Teacher / Academic Coach:
Summit is looking to fill the temporary position of “Humanities Teacher / Academic Coach” for the summer 2017 period of approx. June 1 – August 18. This person will provide instructional support and academic coaching to a high school population of co-ed students in a small blended-learning classroom setting. Summit Achievement students have a variety of learning and therapeutic needs, therefore the ideal candidate will be flexible in their approach to academic coaching and instruction and have the soft skills to manage varying student behaviors. The hired candidate will work as part of both an academic team and a treatment team.
This is a temporary, summer position. Competitive hourly pay is offered depending on experience and qualifications. Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is April 14, 2017. Preferred start date is end of May/start of June 2017.”
We’re always looking for responsible and professional Guides to add to our team. To learn more about Summit Achievement and our work, click here.
Guide Position & Responsibilities
Guides are responsible for providing supervision, guidance, mentorship, and instruction to a small group of adolescents with mild to moderate social, emotional, and educational challenges. Guides will be competent and able to work for either program and should expect to rotate between both. This position is responsible for facilitating activities, group processing sessions, 4-season back-country expeditions, and working as a member of a team fulfilling the duties of a Logistician, Medic, or Team Leader. Guides serve as the liaison to the Clinical and Medical team and are responsible for participating in weekly multidisciplinary treatment team meetings to review each student’s treatment and educational progress. Guides are expected to comply with all program policies and abide by all safety rules and practices. The work schedule is one week on, one week off.
- Education – Must hold minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school. Preferred in Education, Outdoor Education, Outdoor Leadership, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development. Or equivalent life experience.
- Experience – One-year experience working with adolescents. Preferred in educational, residential, or wilderness environments. Personal or professional experience in outdoor activities such as backcountry hiking, canoeing, snowshoeing, skiing, climbing, etc.
- Abilities – Must have excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and possess a strong desire to work professionally with adolescents and young adults in a residential environment. Preferred strong group facilitation skills, written and oral communication skills, and flexibility in delivery of services.
- Physical Demands – Requires sufficient physical fitness to participate in a variety of physically demanding activities, including hiking over rugged terrain carrying a heavy backpack, camping, canoeing, running, etc.
- Other – Must be at least 21 years of age.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting daily rate of $180.78
- 8 paid time off days in the first year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Beautiful campus with excellent amenities nearby
- Continuing education compensation
- Pro-deals with many manufacturers
Please submit cover letter and resume:
69 Deer Hill Road
Stow, ME 04037
Phone: (207) 697-2020
Fax: (207) 697-2021
Summit Achievement seeks experienced Clinical Therapist
Therapist position and responsibilities:
The therapist is responsible for the implementation of treatment for a caseload of up to 8 adolescents and families. The therapist is responsible for managing the treatment team that includes the Direct-care Staff (guide staff), teachers, nurse, doctor and program staff. The therapist provides weekly individual, family and group therapy. This person should be looking to be an integral member of a dynamic clinical department that engages regularly in individual and group supervision, as well as participates in staff training and development.
Education: Master’s degree or PhD in Social work, Psychology or relevant field. Eligibility for Maine State Independent Licensure strongly preferred.
Experience: This individual should have at least 3 years of experience working with adolescents and families.
Abilities: Must have strong interpersonal skills, patience, positive attitude and an ability to work hard. This individual should be familiar with a family systems and strength’s based approach to clinical treatment. This individual should be both a team player and someone who can work autonomously. This individual should enjoy being a teaching-practitioner and eager to work in a collaborative, challenging environment.
Physical demands: This individual should be comfortable spending 1 night a month in the outdoors and carrying a 40 lb. backpack.
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are very competitive and will be based upon experience.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nichol Ernst at email@example.com